Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday Leftovers (March 5)

Weekly post of thwarted weekly posts and leftover ramblings.

Word Association

As always, play here.

1. Harm :: Hurt
2. If :: Ands
3. On My Own :: Alone
4. She Said :: He Said
5. Illegal :: Immoral
6. Broke :: Money
7. It's A :: Girl
8. Chatting :: Talking
9. Cottage :: Cheese
10. Podcast: iPod

Explanations: This one was kinda lame. No strange answers or anything. Oh well.

Vote!

I've posted a little poll on here. I just wanted to see what the opinions were as far as who the favorite in the 5K race is, myself or Danny.

I'm going to be focusing some of next week's post on the race within the race, so if you want to save your vote until then, that's fine. However, you can always change your vote.

Dinner: Success!

I made the Slow Cooker Italian Beef for Sandwiches on Thursday and it turned out very well. It was delicious, actually. How good was it? Yvie actually ate some!

I altered it a little. A five-pound roast was way too much meat so I used a two-pounder instead but left all the seasonings as is. I also used chicken broth instead of water. I served them on a hoagie roll with some provolone cheese and toasted it in the oven for about five minutes. For the side I made Sweet Potato Wedges, a recipe from Paula Deen. Those turned out well. We're not big potato eaters at all but I like sweet potatoes. These were quite tasty.

I think my only complaint was that the sandwich was a bit dry but that wasn't the meat's fault, rather mine.

Disneyland

I mentioned on Thursday how I'd gone to Disneyland with Kennedy the day before. Well, we had a great time. A really great time. This week was the last week Disneyland opens at 10 a.m. in the middle of the week, which leads me to believe the crowds will come back starting next week, when the park opens at 9 a.m. Yvie was going to be picked up afterschool so Kennedy and I had a lot of free time on Wednesday, so we set out for Disneyland.

We got there at about 9:20, and were on Main Street USA at about 9:40. Once it was 10, we strolled directly towards Pixie Hollow and got some pictures with Silvermist and Tinkerbell.

Here's what the rest of our day looked like:

Autopia (Kennedy had fun)
Space Mountain, twice (no line the first time, waited about 5 minutes the second time)
Captain EO (awesome!)
Buzz Lightyear (how do some people get a million points? I can't crack 200,000)
Finding Nemo (fun, hadn't done that in a while)
Lunch at Pizza Port (Kennedy and I split a piece of pizza)
Snow White's Scary Adventures (Kennedy enjoyed it)
Casey Jr. Circus Train (fun)
Thunder Mountain, twice (tiny line, couldn't resist doing it twice)
Pirates of the Caribbean (one of my favorites)
Tarzan's Treehouse (Kennedy had fun)
Ice Cream Sundae (yum, split with Kennedy)

Just to give you an idea of how little the lines were, here is our first trip to Space Mountain.

run, Kenna!

That also happened to be Kennedy's first two trips on Space Mountain! She was scared at first but enjoyed it, enough to ask to go a second time in a row.

All in all, we waited very little in any of the lines. We left the park at about 3 or so, and we could have easily done the rest of the rides in the park - well, the rest worth doing for us anyway - had we planned on staying until closing time, which was 8 p.m.

I want to go soon with Yvie and Mrs. LB, but not sure if that will happen. If it does, it's likely the crowds will return. Oh well. At least Kennedy and I had a crowd-free day.

LB's Song of the Week

My weekly nod to children's music...

The girls are really into this song. It's a song by Los Lobos, a Disney song. Heigh Ho from Snow White, except done in Spanish with a Latin beat. I like the song quite a bit. It's got a pretty catchy beat.

8 comments:

Jephy's Mom said...

While I have openly shown my support for Danny in the comment section of your blog (in an attempt to get a reaction out of you), I am not sure if I can support him in the voting section. I'll need to think on this one.

Go Danny!

Willoughby said...

Glad to hear the Italian Beef was good. I really need to try it. We tried a new AR recipe a few days ago that was a real dud.

I envy you for being able to go to Disneyland so often! It sounds like fun.

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

So far the poll shows one vote for Danny, guess he's put his two cents in!

Katie A. said...

You are quite the cook! Love it!
And always so jealous of you and your day trips to Disneyland! ALMOST, almost, makes me want to move down there :)
I still think you're gonna kick some Danny butt - I am not biased at all :)
Happy Friday!

Lisa said...

I voted for you of course :)

thrasherswife said...

Nothing better then open lines at Dland!! My kids are so spoiled, they've never been when we've had to wait. We've made it sort of a tradition to go in Sept - the kids school always starts on a Thursday, we go the Tues before. Since most schools are back in school, we score on short lines and a perfect day!!

Lissaloo said...

The lines picture is awesome :)
We are hoping to go to Disneyland next spring for the 2nd time, I am so jealous :)

Kerrie said...

The picture of the SM line made me get a little faklempt (sp?). I miss Disneyland.