Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Disneyland Trip

I made it out to Disneyland last week after all and I'm glad I did. Even though it was crowded (Veteran's Day) and we didn't actually go on many rides, we had a great time at Disneyland. That's the thing - we always did. Even when the crowds were ridiculous, we always made do.

Anyway, I wanted to share some of the pictures from that day.

The Christmas decorations were all up, including the most massive Christmas tree you'll see.

The tree seems like it goes on and on towards the sky...


We had hoped to ride It's A Small World but we were unlucky. Little did we know but Nov. 12 (Friday) was the first day of the Holiday season at Disneyland. We were a day early.

We were bummed.


But we did get to see some characters up close. The girls got their umpteenth picture taken with Goofy.

That Goofy sure is a card.

We also got a rare picture taken with the Big Cheese himself...


We went to California Adventure and got our picture taken with Lightning McQueen and Mater.


Probably, though, the most memorable picture is this one. We got FastPasses for Space Mountain right away, pretty much when we walked into the park. We went back later and instead of the 45-minute wait, we were in line probably 10 minutes before boarding. Since there three of us, we got into a car by ourselves. Actually, not sure how that happened but it did, and I wasn't complaining.

The best part was that it made for a great picture opportunity. The girls sat up front and I sat right behind them. Both of the girls had been on Space Mountain before and hadn't cried or been afraid or anything. While we were in line, Yvie told me she was "a little nervous" which probably meant she was crapping her pants. I can only imagine what Kennedy felt. It is a bit ominous in there, with all the space stuff and sound effects, and that's just in line. But neither wanted to bail on the ride so we went on it.

I could hear the girls at the beginning and they seemed fine and looking forward to the ride. Once it got going, though, it was dark and I couldn't hear anything but the music that's played on the ride and the ride itself.

Towards the end I knew we were near the part where the cameras are. Sure enough, some bright lights popped at us and I hoped that the picture was going to turn out.

About the same time, I heard Kennedy sobbing. She'd been crying. Apparently the ride was too much to handle.

It did make for a great picture...

Of course, Yvie is quite concerned about her sister. And I'm all smiles in the back.

It kind of reminded me of another picture of us, well, of Kennedy and me anyway.

Yes, we are going to use these pictures as torture later in life.

Just some of the many memories we had at Disneyland.

6 comments:

Ms. Diva said...

I am usually the one crying on the Space Mountain ride!!!! Are they still doing the World of Color? I love that show and I think Tower of Terror is my favorite all time ride!!!

Mark Baker said...

Any day at Disneyland is better than what I was doing, working. Glad you had fun.

Sorry you missed Small World. I love that ride as well and missed it when I went on Oct. 30th because they were getting it ready for Christmas.

Whitney said...

Those pictures are so great!! Sad that you guys aren't renewing your season passes. But maybe in 2012??

tahoegirl said...

Went to Disneyland back in 2005 and lost our camera battery. Never made it to the California Adventure side. After spending all day at DL we then flew a red eye back to MI that night!

Also went to Universal Studios and loved it 'cuz there wasn't anyone there.

I can't imagine Christmas in shorts. Looks like the family had fun.

thrasherswife said...

Love it, LB... so sweet to have Yvie looking at her sister with concern. Tell her I miss her cooking segments (hint hint) :)

Willoughby said...

I'm so glad you went! I knew you'd have fun.

Is it just my imagination or are the girls getting a lot taller? They look so tall in those pics!