Thursday, November 11, 2010

End Of An Era

Part of the reason why I think I was (and am) so emotional about this whole Disneyland thing is that it's essentially the end of an era, the audible closing of one chapter of this book of life.

The girls aren't little anymore. I know that, of course. But Disneyland was so ingrained in us that it just felt like second nature. However, that's a part of life when the girls were little. School and the girls' extracurricular activities dominate their lives now, and we can't really bend or mold that any other way.

So when these passes expired (well, at least when Yvie's did), it was the final passing from one stage to another.

We'll get passes someday again, I'm certain of it. And when we go back, it will be fun but it'll be different. Better in some ways. They'll be able to do more things on their own and will be able to stay up later and last longer. But the time we went when they were younger will be treasured time for me.

from our first trip, in November 2007


from our last trip, November 2010

It was a fun ride and I'm lucky I had the chance to partake in it.

3 comments:

Raoulysgirl said...

I'm so glad you decided to take the girls!!! I'm sure they enjoyed it as much as you did (bittersweet though it may have been).

Just remember...the best thing about finishing one chapter is STARTING THE NEXT ONE!!!!!!!

<3 to you, Mrs. LB, and the girls!!!

Kim (Book Worm Runs) said...

Glad you had a great time and were able to form some lasting memories! :) And seriously, how cute are your girls?! Enjoy whatever the next chapter brings :)

Willoughby said...

Glad to hear you decided to go and enjoy the day at Disneyland! It would have been a shame to let the pass expire without going one more time. I understand why it's bittersweet for you, though.

I'm sure you'll find a new tradition that you can all enjoy. You're really good at the "Cheap Thrills" road trips, so maybe something like that?