Thursday, December 1, 2011

November recap

Miles ran: 206

Rest Days Planned/Taken: 0/0

Highest-mileage Week: 51

* Long runs planned/Taken: 6/6 - 10, 12, 12.33 (my "half" marathon), 13, 10, 10

Favorite run: Running 10 miles on Thanksgiving.

Least favorite run: I ran a windy 10-miler on Nov. 2. At one point, the wind was so bad that a crow flying next to me was pretty much staying next to me. It looked like it was floating but it was trying to fly, just like I was trying to run.

Most hardcore run: A seven-miler up and down Mt. Rubidoux. It was hardcore I believe because it was three days after I ran at an 8:43 pace over 12.33 miles at the "half" marathon.

Current Reads: Just got my new Runner's World magazine.

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Storage Wars. Do I love that show? Yuuup!

Current Obsession: Twitter. I have to wean myself off of it.

Current Drink: I've been drinking coffee like crazy lately.

Current Song: Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) by Arcade Fire. It's an insanely awesome running song.


Christmas Wish-List: A new laptop, preferably a MacBook,

Current Need: A new camera.

Current Triumph: The girls like to run. We went running recently and they joined their school's joggers club (which I call Runners Club). I see a 5K in their near future...

Current Bane of my Existence: Reffing high school soccer games. Pay is nice and helpful but everything else stinks.

Current Goal: To extend my run streak through the end of the year and into 2012.

Current Indulgence: Pumpkin Roll. Have made a couple of these lately and... damn.

Current Blessings: My babies.

Current Excitement: Christmas is going to be fun this year.


* I count any run of at least 10 miles as a long run.

1 comment:

Jen Feeny said...

Storage Wars? Really?!?!?

Congrats on the girls liking to run, that is going to be so much fun for them to do with you!