Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Musical Accompaniment

I like my iPod. Even though it's old and there are much better models around, I like my iPod quite a bit. It's been my trusty sidekick from when I weighed 300-plus pounds to now. Save for the Mud Runs and all but one of my runs with the Lopers, it's been by my side for many of my memorable runs.

This weekend will be no exception. While nobody will accompany me during my Ragnar Relay runs, I will have support from my trusty music.

I've gotten two playlists together for my runs. I haven't yet composed one for my third and final run.

Here's the first two:

I have a mix of stuff on there. I didn't go with some of my heavy artillery as I figured I'd save that for the final run, but I have a lot of ammo in that respect so this may change.

The second one:

Alright, see if you can find the theme on the playlist above. I'll give you a second to review.

Those songs, as you'll notice, are in alphabetical order for the most part. I haven't yet organized them because it's a really long playlist and my second run is my shortest so I won't need all of them.

Anyway, those are all songs from the 90s. I have so many songs that I don't even have on my iPod that apparently I've never put on there, such as my entire collection of Stone Temple Pilots and my Nirvana stuff. Maybe because I listened to them so many times it's taken me a decade to not have felt like they were overplayed. I think I could make a marathon playlist with just 90s music. That would be pretty cool. Actually, I could probably just listen to the entire Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness from the Smashing Pumpkins during a really really long run and be fine.

I'll have to figure out what kinds of songs will work best for my third run. Definitely thinking Johnny Cash. Might throw in some Beatles too. I've been listening to the Beatles a lot with the girls. They love Yellow Submarine.

Hmmm... I might even put some of the children's music I have so I can think of my girls while I run. Of course, it'll be stuff that I like, such as anything from the Barenaked Ladies or They Might Be Giants or Dan Zanes, not the Disney Princess collection or... *shudder* Hannah Montana. I can't imagine running to Hoedown Throwdown, no matter how much the girls like that song. I'd rather listen to the sound of my feet hitting the asphalt.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You've got quite a collection there. I know I've commented before but there are some tremendous 70's/80's hits that are great tracks to run to: anything by Blondie or Pat Benatar, Meat Loaf, AC/DC, Ted Nugent, etc... Have fun getting ready! I'll be in bed by the time of your 1st leg!

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

I like your taste, and I won't tell the other cool parents if you throw in some Hannah Montana, lol.

Holly Lefevre said...

Alright music to move you. Great picks!
Holly @ 504 Main

tahoegirl said...

good luck on your run(s)!! found something for you that might be better for the nips than the BodyGlide (that sounds so dirty). check out www.sportwax.com -- click on skincare then down to the bottom click on sportwax. let me know if you want to try it and i can send you some (it is a local company).

Jephy's Mom said...

I'm not too sure about Hannah Montana but I do like some of Miley Cyrus' music.

Angie Eats Peace said...

I dont know, Hannah Montana might just give you the push you need :)

Willoughby said...

I'm with you on everything except for the Beatles. I know, I know, everyone loves the Beatles (except me!).

I was surprised you didn't have any Guns and Roses.