Monday, August 1, 2011

Back In The Swing Of Things

Finally.

It only took eight days but finally I was able to run. I knocked out a six-miler on Monday. It wasn't exactly the distance I had planned for but I just couldn't stop at four, and then when I got closer to five I figured to just go for six. I wound up running for one hour and managed to get in 6.27 miles.

It was a bit liberating to just get on the treadmill and run. Yes, the 'mill. The only way to have gotten that run in was at the gym so I took my girls there, paid the six bucks it costs for the kids club and then hopped on the 'mill.

I felt good. My legs felt a bit heavy and I didn't feel quite as smooth as I normally do but I figured I'd have some setbacks. But they weren't major setbacks, just minor stuff.

I don't want to get ahead of myself and plan things but I do think that I will run again either Tuesday or Wednesday and then Thursday for sure. The girls are staying the night at their grandma's on Wednesday night so I will have a bit of time early Thursday morning. I may try and head out at 6 a.m. and will play it by ear and see how I'm feeling and just run.

Once school starts, I know I will increase my miles substantially so between now and then I just want to spend the time transitioning and getting back into the rhythm of things.

It's nice to feel like I will get into a rhythm here soon enough.

No comments: