Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Calf strain

I've been slowed somewhat these last few days. I haven't been running despite my new aerodynamic shoes. Problem is, the last few times I've been running I've taken home a nasty little souvenir - an aching calf. It actually flares up during the run but I can get through it with no problems. But the rest of the day I feel discomfort. I haven't been running since Saturday, a full three days now and the swelling hasn't gone down.

I think I have a strained calf. That's what I thought I had from the start but I did some research and it looks like that's what I have.

At this point, I don't know what to do other than rest. No running, which is a pain because I was starting to get into a groove. But I'd rather take a few days off and get rid of this pain than keep running on it and keep flaring it up.

No comments: