Welcome to another episode of Cooking With Yvie!
In her latest cooking adventure, Yvie whips up a tasty side dish. Yvie shows you how to prepare a Jalapeño Corn Bread, right in a cast-iron skillet!
The full recipe is beneath the video.
Jalapeño Corn Bread
courtesy of Cooking Light magazine
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup canola oil
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
1 chopped jalapeño (seeds optional)
1. Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl; whisk together.
2. Sprinkle baking powder over batter, whisk.
3. Fold in cornmeal, flour, jalapeños.
4. Spoon batter into cast-iron skillet coated with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
(seeds will add heat, so be forewarned!)