Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday, Part Two

I'm back for another post. It's Friday, the last day of April, I have 10K on Saturday and the girls have their first race afterward. Things are going great right now.

Anyway, I figured I'd spend a little bit of time doing something off-the-wall before I have to run around from place to place this afternoon. I came across this blog recently and she's got a cool thing she does every Friday where you answer some random questions.

So here's my first attempt at answering her random questions. I may or may not have the time to do this each Friday but screw it, I'm doing it today.

The blog is called My Little Life, and the feature is Five Question Friday! That blog has like 800 followers, so I'm sure to get lost in the shuffle over there, but here it is.


Ahem.





1. If you could, would you go back to high school?


Part of me would like to go back to high school, with the knowledge, self-esteem and confidence I have now. Of course, that's part of growing up I suppose, to develop such qualities.

I didn't really enjoy high school. I ditched a lot, like A LOT, during my junior year, so much so that I had to take extra classes my senior year just to graduate. I was apathetic about a lot of things and just wanted to be done, done, done with school.

So I guess the answer to that would be no.

2. If a genie appeared and granted you two wishes, what would they be? (And, no saying "more wishes")


Wish One: I don't know how you couldn't wish for money. Having money to pay down or off some bills would be great, and having money to travel, to buy running gear, to register for races... that'd be awesome. With an endless supply of money, I'd make it a goal to run a marathon in as many countries as possible. I'd spend my time running marathons in places like London, Madrid, Munich and Tokyo. How awesome would that be?

Wish Two: I'd free the genie, like in Aladdin.... okay, maybe not... um, I'd wish for Rage Against The Machine to get back together and put out another five CDs at least. It's going to take something like that to get those guys to cut another record.

3. What kids show do you secretly like?

I watch a ton of kids shows. Well, I don't really sit down and watch them but I know a lot of them, like Team Umizoomi, Ni-Hao Kailan, Imagination Movers, Phineas and Ferb and Max & Ruby. But the one show I secretly dig is Yo Gabba Gabba! (the exclamation mark is part of the name, by the way, not trying to emphasize anything) That show is just awesome. I bought a Yo Gabba Gabba! CD... for the girls, I bought it for the girls... yeah... um. It's a show, however, that you either really like or can't effing stand. I want to dress up like DJ Lance Rock for Halloween this year, that's how much I like the show.

4. What is your beverage of choice?

There is only one: water. I try and try and try to drink enough water every day. Some days I do, some days I don't, but you will usually see me chugging water no matter what time of day.

In second place is coffee. I love coffee.

And even though I don't drink much anymore, my beer of choice is Sol. You should try it if you haven't yet.

5. What is something that you would change about yourself (or are working to change in yourself)?


I think I need to be more confident in myself. I lost a crapload of weight and you'd think that would have me walking on clouds every day, but some days I don't feel like that at all. But I think I'm doing a better job at it... (little observation, even in this statement I can tell that I need to do a better job at it because I'm not confident enough to say outright that I'm doing a better job, I have to preface it with "I think").

Anyway, a bit more confidence across the board for LB would be good.

***

So there you have it. Nothing too Earth-shattering, just a bit of fun to send this blog off into the weekend.

Just a quick not, I'm going to try and get a race report up on Saturday, of both my 10K and the girls' race but at worst I'll mobile blog it so at least you know my time, and how the girls did.

7 comments:

Kerrie said...

This is a fun little game! And I like how you worked "crapload" into a post. Hahaha!

Hope you and the girls have great races!

Chicago Mom said...

Good luck to you and your girls at the race tomorrow!

Anne said...

Best of luck to you and your girls tomorrow!

Jephy's Mom said...

I like 5 question friday. I've seen it on other blogs.

Good Luck tomorrow.

Raoulysgirl said...

If you dress up like DJ Lance for Halloween, you HAVE to post pics. It would be a terrible injustice to all of your blog followers if you left us out of THAT one! LOL!

Marathonman101108 said...

Kick ass(phault) in the 10K! Looking forward to your race report for all of you.

Angie Eats Peace said...

I love Sol beer, but it dehydrates the hell out of me. Even just one gives me such a headache.