Saturday, October 2, 2010

LB's September Recap

I'm a thief. Without any shame, second-thoughts or anything, I stole this. And I don't have any regrets.

Well, a few I think, otherwise I wouldn't have prefaced this post with an intro graph.

Anyway, blog buddy Morgan of Caution: Redhead Running does this on her blog and she is quite the innovator. Since I enjoy reading this so much I figured it wouldn't hurt to take this, modify it a little to fit my needs and post it here for my own blog readers to see.

Without further ado, here is my September recap.

Miles Ran: 124.07

Rest Days Taken: 12

Highest Mileage Week: 32.8

Long Runs (10 miles-plus) Ran: 4

Hill Workouts Ran: 1 (my heel flares up after hilly runs)

Pace Workouts Ran: 3

Current Book: Lies My Teacher Told Me by James Loewen

Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Wii. I try not to beat my daughters when we play Mario Kart together, but it's hard.

Current Colors: Pink (Go Lopers!)

Current Obsessions: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (am seriously addicted to them); Pandora Radio (have you tried it? it's awesome)

Current Drink: Water

Current Song: Devil's Waitin' by BRMC

Current Wish-List: New running shirts

Current Need: To figure out how to plan a week's worth of dinners; you'd think it would be easy but I've not once gotten this down

Current Triumph: Broke the thousand-mile mark for 2010 in September

Current Bane of my Existence: My heel

Current Goal: to PR at the Long Beach Half Marathon (current PR is 1:56:58)

Current Indulgence: Mexican sweet bread, aka pan dulce. I seriously can't resist that stuff

Current Blessings: My wife and daughters. I'm living a charmed life by just having them in my life

Current Excitement: Totally pumped for the Long Beach Half Marathon!

4 comments:

Katie A. said...

Nice month LB!! You're totally gonna rock Long Beach - I just know it!

Check out my buddy Ron at Punk Rock Racing - google it. He has some great running shirts all with a great flair!

OMG! Long Beach is getting close!

chris mcpeake said...

Great month of training. Way to go

Willoughby said...

I like the recap, pretty cool idea.

What you said about your wife and daughters - very sweet!

Christy said...

I think I might need to steal this as well. Morgan really is quite the innovator.

Look at you 100+ monthly milage-er!!