Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blog biz

Alright, it's been a while in between posts. I went nearly three months without posting, mainly because I had an audience of one. Now, I'm not sure what my audience is but I've decided that even if I'm the only one reading this I'll plug along and keep track of certain things here.

This blog will continue to be workout-heavy. It's what I started off wanting to do, to document my training for the Mud Run. But now that it's over and done with, I want to maintain that workout element here. I don't really talk to anyone in person about my workouts since my wife couldn't give a care and others really don't want to hear the intimate details of how my heart rate went from 180 to 190 near the end of my long interval run. But I need to express my thoughts and this is one place to do it.

I also want to keep better track of calories and nutritional information. I've got lots of thoughts on different types of foods that are out there and how they can affect you and all that good stuff. For instance, I've started to become rather fond of cheese, specifically Monterey Jack cheese. It's very good but it comes with a price. If I add some to my sandwich for lunch, for instance, I need to account for those calories. I had been using 30-calorie fat-free Cheddar cheese slices but the difference in taste between that and the Monterrey Jack is rather noticeable. Right now, it's a trade-off I'm willing to make.

So there you go. This blog is for workouts, both how they affect me and how they could be useful to others, and nutrition in the same fashion.

I needed some reminding since it's been so long since I've posted this often.

No comments: