Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Today's workout

I will do either one of two things today.

A 42-minute interval run and a subsequent bike ride OR a bike ride with no running before and after.

The first option seems best for me. I like to run and I like running that particular run. But I sort of want to take some time off my feet, in a manner of speaking. I've been running a lot lately. I ran six miles on two different occasions last week and I want to change up my workouts.

But at the same time, I can't recall the last time I did cardio exclusively on the bike. Lately I've added the bike to my cardio routine. It has been a pleasant surprise. It is a great way for me to finish off a run and I think it's been rather effective in helping me build up my stamina and endurance.

Probably I'll end up doing only work on the bike later today. It's just that I always feel a bit tentative before doing something new, something different from what I'm used to. And honestly it feels like it would be a struggle to get my heart rate up on the bike to the levels it gets to while running.

I guess there's only one way to find out.

No comments: