Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday Leftovers (Sept. 3)

The end-of-the-week leftovers...

Word Association

Play along here.

1. Bangs :: Hair
2. Diaper :: Change
3. Coffee Table :: Feet
4. Cops :: Robbers
5. Matches :: Fire
6. 250 :: Thousand
7. Hurricane :: Weather
8. Bad :: Company
9. Confirmation :: Number
10. Fiber :: One

Um... let's see... we don't have a coffee table. We got rid of ours before the girls were born. It's been so long since we had one that to me the only benefit of having one would be to kick your feet up on it. We were close to thinking about getting one recently when some friends of ours who have a daughter about the same age as Kennedy said their daughter hurt herself on their coffee table. It might be a while 'til we get one.

Guest blogger

So Mrs. LB enjoyed the guest post and I hope you all did too. In case you missed her post, click here.

I would like to say that she's going to start becoming a regular on here but a sporadic guest blogger seems to be more in line with what she's going to do. It's cool, though. I will take whatever guest post she wants to pass along my way.

5QF Once Again!

Another edition of 5 Question Friday. Play along with Mama M. if you'd like to participate. It's actually enjoyable.

1. What do you do when you have time to yourself?

Run. I've had time to myself a lot recently, since the girls started school. The one thing I've done is to carve out time for running. Well, I've also used that time to work so it's not like I run and then just kick my feet up on the couch until it's time to get Kennedy to school.

Another thing I've done is to arrange my time so that I can volunteer at school. I've volunteered in Yvie's class since she was in kindergarten but it was always tough arranging it around Kennedy's preschool and then trying to get my mom to watch Kennedy. But now that's not a problem. Last week I ran three times in the week before Friday so I could rest and go to both of their classes, so I think I can stick to that as well, take Friday as a rest day to volunteer.

Although, if you've been in a kindergarten classroom recently, you know the last thing you do in there is rest.

2. When you look out your kitchen window, what do you see?

The optimist in me sees a lawn with a lot of potential.

The pessimist in me sees an under-watered lawn with green patches amidst the yellowish-brown grass, one that is too tough to fully resuscitate.

Somewhere in between is the truth.

3. Who/What would you want to be reincarnated as?

If I could come back as something or someone... probably as someone who lives in some far-off island nation, like in the South Pacific, living the life, doing things like they've been done for hundreds of years, no bills, no mortgage, no worries, everyone you care about living nearby.

I don't know, maybe they've got massive bills and debt down there, who knows? I guess the beaches would be a nice way to take your mind off of things.

4. What is your biggest pet peeve about other people's kids?

Disrespect. I'm not a fan of disrespect in general. Last week I was one of three parents volunteering in Kennedy's class and one boy asked one of the mom's if she was so-and-so's mom and she said yeah. Then this boy said "You look a lot older than my mom" and walked off.

First of all, my daughters would never say something like that. And if they did, it would be the last time they ever said anything like that to anybody.

If there is one thing I have stressed teaching them, it is respect - respect for the people around them, respect for themselves, for their things, for other people's things.

5. Regular or Diet soda?

I don't drink regular soda anymore. The first thing I did when I began my weight loss journey was to give up on fast food and soda. I've since relented on the anti-fast food stance (though I don't rely on it nearly as much as I used to). Sodas... I'll only drink diet soda. I'm partial to Coke Zero.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

I have to share a secret. My husband lets me drink soda while being pregnant. But the only kind allowed is "Mexican" Coke. The Coke made in Mexico where they still use real sugar. I'm obsessed with it... and I get so excited for the weekend when I'm "allowed" to drink it.

tahoegirl said...

I think that is awesome you can volunteer in your girls' classrooms! Not too many Dads I bet.

Raoulysgirl said...

I am right there with you on the disrespect thing. I've been dealing with a lot of that lately myself. Unfortunately, it's from adults...not children. I would blame it on their parents...but they have the same parents as me and...well...I didn't turn out that way.

Sorry if you never got a chance to read my last post. It turned out that I had to really shut the old blog down...long story on a short trip. I won't bore you with the drama...but sorry if I haven't been around much lately. I'll try to be better!!!