Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Playlist enhancer: BRMC's Aint No Easy Way

In case you didn't get your fill of videos yesterday, I figured I'd try and help you sort out your choice of music.

I've become very fond of this song. It's called Ain't No Easy Way by the group Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. I was introduced to the group recently and I've become a big fan of their stuff.

This song is fairly short, about 2:30 or so, and normally I would prefer something longer. Sometimes it's nice to know that when a song is over I will be onto the next mile, so if I'm at say 4.56 and a longer song comes on, I know that once the song is over I will be at mile 5.something. This song won't get you to the next mile unless you are almost there (or incredibly fast), but that doesn't matter with this song. It brings energy and gives you a quick jolt of it.





This song will definitely be on my Long Beach Half Marathon playlist, it's just a matter of whether I'll use that energy jolt early or late.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I can't play that stuff on my computer at work (and they day they take blog world away from me, too, will be a very sad day - ha) but I will listen tonight - I definitely need some new songs. Your recommendations for SF were excellent so I know this will be a great one, too. Thanks :).