Monday, February 23, 2009

Motivational Mondays (Feb. 23)

Sometimes, it's hard to be motivated. It's Monday, time to git yer arse out of bed and into the week. When this happens, sometimes I try to think about certain things in the not-to-far-off future. For instance, I like cheat days. Sunday was a cheat day. I had a cheeseburger. Lots of chips. Some nighttime snacks. Things I usually try and avoid.

Cheat days are good though, and necessary. I put in a lot of work during the week and it's hard sometimes to pass on that extra serving or drink water instead of a beer or diet Sprite instead of regular Sprite. But if I know I can let my guard down and have a second helping of something that isn't the greatest of things, and maybe drink a regular soda down with it, it makes some things go by easier.

Typically I try and stay around 1800 calories a day but if I get close to 2000 that's not the end of the world. I probably should lower those figures to 1600-1800 but I guess that's another topic for another day. On cheat days I don't go up to 6000 calories or anything ridiculous. In fact, I woke up this morning with an uncomfortable stomach, partly because I'm not used to snacking at night anymore.

But I used to have cheat days all the time. Every day was a cheat day, and I wasn't happy with how I looked. I still have some of those same urges as before, but now that I can organize and compartmentalize those, it makes a great difference and I don't quite feel guilty about having a second helping. At least not on cheat days.

No comments: