Saturday, May 22, 2010

Mud Run's Done

I don't have a full race report for you and may not have one for a while, but I did want to let you know one thing.

Mud Run is DONE.

Angie and I ran the SBSD Mud Run and finished right around the 45-minute mark.


The course was more mud than run, more muddy mud pits and big quicksand-like quagmires to plod through than actual running.

After a brief moment to collect myself and get the mud and pebbles out of my shoes, it was time for the girls to start their race.

Yvie was more adventurous about the entire race than Kennedy. I stayed with Kennedy and lost track of Yvie right from the start, but caught up to her a little more than halfway through. Kennedy cried for a lot of the race, but she stuck with it and was proud of herself once the race was over.


I'll have plenty more later, but for now I need to rest.

6 comments:

Kerrie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Yvie definitely looks like she got into the race...literally. And Kennedy should be proud of herself for getting out there!

Anne said...

The muddy family :)
You guys are awesome...that's a lot of mud!

Jephy's Mom said...

The girls look so cute all full of mud. They look a little shocked in that picture too. Next time they'll know what to expect.

Lisa said...

I love that your girls did this! Great memories.

House Of Aqua said...

Wow, looks like it was a lot of fun though! Did you guys have to throw away your clothes and shoes afterwards or were you able to clean them?

Angie Eats Peace said...

The race was a blast. I have a pretty scraped, and bruised up knee, from the mud pits.