Sunday, May 29, 2011

Anatomy Of A Bike Crash

On Thursday, I was excited about going on a bike ride. I went and bought a helmet, put air in my bike's tires, set off for a 6- to 10-mile bike ride.... and promptly crashed about a half-mile into the ride.

That's the short story.

Here's the pictorial version.



I'd been riding for two minutes, had traveled a whopping .37 miles and was traveling at 14 miles an hour. And of course, I felt happy.

But then...


I went into the turn and noticed water. I tried to slow down. But...

... it was too late.


I was thrown off my bike, smacked my head on the asphalt, crushed my knee under the bike, scraped my arms and thumped my chest.

According to micoach app then, I was thrown off my bike at about 14 miles per hour.

I'm okay. Getting better, both physically and mentally.

3 comments:

Jephy's Mom said...

I love the graphics. Glad you're recovering. Hope the universe goes easier on you next time.

Michael said...

Yikes, so scary!! I hope you are doing better! I am so scared of actually crashing my bike. I'm a little scrapped up from my ride yesterday where I just fell over in the parking lot...I can't imagine crashing at any speed. Glad you were ok and not seriously injured.

Willoughby said...

I'm glad you're okay! I'm guessing that it will be quite a while before you feel like riding a bike again.