Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Accept it

In the spring, I looked forward to the summer so I could have some time with my girls but also to have a sort of regular schedule in terms of working out. It seemed the time slipped by quickly on certain days as I had obligation after obligation before I could even think about squeezing in a run.

Now, its summertime but I find myself with even less opportunity to work out.

Guess that's just how things work out.

I can't run outdoors during the week. Actually I could but it would have to be before 5. My wife leaves for work at about 5:30 or so, and that doesn't give me much time to run. I am usually always up before 5 but I'm too tired to go running since I'm usually up late working. its usually 5:15 or 5:20 before I muster up the strength to get out of bed, and then its too late for anything. I suppose one day I'll have to sack up and run at that time. Hopefully it will happen soon.

Swim lessons are great but leave me no time before for the gym (babysitting opens at 8, swim starts at 9, logistics don't work out) and afterward is either work stuff or library or something else for the girls. I can't run in the afternoon or evening (despise it).

Weekends are good though. Now that I'm an official Loper, I'll be getting in my long runs on Sundays which works out great. At least I'll have one part of one day set aside for me.

As for the rest of the days, I just have to accept that there is nothing typical about my schedule, about my day-to-day life really that is normal. I'll just have to plan runs on a week-by-week basis. Not ideal, but its what I've got.

2 comments:

Angie Eats Peace said...

The heat has really thrown off my workouts and runs, as well.
I find if I havent left by 6 AM, I am kind of screwed for that day.

Willoughby said...

I know how you feel. I was planning to squeeze in a workout every morning before the kids got up. Wanna know how many times I've done that since school got out? Zilch! In your case, though, it's because of your schedule. Me? No good reason.