Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Skipping to run

It's not that I'm anti-safety but I'm going to skip the Safety Day for the girls today.

I'm being selfish, I know. I should just take them and have them learn all about pool safety. It is important, but then again they had the same thing on the last Wednesday of their previous session (two-week swim classes). And they did not enjoy that because they did not get to go in the pool. Thursday is free day and they will love that, but the safety lesson they wouldn't enjoy.

So yesterday I told them it was Safety Day today and they both groaned. They remembered. I asked them if they'd rather go to the Kids Club at the gym and they both said "Yeah!" So I said "Yeah!" back and we have a plan now. I can get in a run, probably an interval run.

And then afterward, we're going to the movie theater right across the way for Harry Potter. Well, no, actually, I'd love to go watch Harry Potter but I'm going to have to wait. The girls are too young for that and they'd be scared. Actually, the movie theater is Regal Cinema and all Regals around SoCal show free movies on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the summer. So we're off to watch Madagascar 2, which we have on DVD and we love. The movies are from last year but I don't care and neither do the girls. It's free after all, so why complain?

I guess today is one of those days where I don't have to complain about not having time.

5 comments:

Lissaloo said...

Yeah, I remember pool safety day, wandering around outside the pool freezing. Glad you figured out a way to fit it all in :)

Angie Eats Peace said...

The movie theater=free air conditioning. Two thumbs up!

Willoughby said...

If they've already had the safety lesson, I don't think it's a big deal if they miss it. Have fun at the movies!

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

Free movies? Way more fun than a repeat safety lesson!

Unknown said...

We do the free movies frequently during the summer, however, since my kids, along with myself and Mr. Sister, are BIG Harry Potter fans, it was a no brainer of a choice today! It was a good movie, btw.