Sunday, July 19, 2009

Update

Couple of things to get to this morning:

* Just got back from my second Lopers club meeting. We ran two miles today. It's only been my second meeting but I'm really warming up to this. One of the great things about the group is running with my blog buddy Angie Eats Peace and her husband, Mr. Eats Peace. I found her blog by doing a blog search of the Run Through Redlands on the day of my half marathon since I figured only a fellow running/blog freak would update their blog the day of or after a race (much like I did), and sure enough there she was. She's been very helpful and encouraging along my whole process of becoming a Loper so it's cool to run with her and her hubby.

* I'll blog a lot more about the Lopers soon enough, their training plan and my experience with the group thus far.

* I finally recorded another episode of Cooking With Yvie! The new show though may not be ready today. But after our unintended hiatus, we'll be back soon enough.

* I asked my pace leader (the Lopers are divided into different groups based on ability, I'm in the 11-minute-a-mile pace group) about my foot. She suggested new shoes since I've had mine for more than a year. I didn't feel it all during my run but now the slight discomfort is there. Maybe a bad wheel is the cause after all.

3 comments:

thrasherswife said...

yeah - i've been missing Yvie and her cooking shows...

Angie Eats Peace said...

Do you track the miles on your shoes?

I think it is suggested getting new shoes every 300 miles. I usually get them more often, like around 250.

Gracey said...

More episodes of "Cooking with Yvie" - yay! :)