Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Leftovers

It's Friday, the end of the week and I've got another edition of the Friday Leftovers (thanks Polly for the name suggestion!).

Word Association
Disconnect :: Reconnect
Contribute :: Pay
Dismay :: Sorrow
Constant :: Craving
Nails :: Dutch
Vibrate :: BuzzTherapy :: Practice
Stupid :: Lame
Poo :: Cachoo
Commune :: Live

I'm not a KD Lang fan so don't know where the Constant answer came from.

CWY
We did record a Cooking With Yvie this week so Sunday we'll be back to our regular feature. Yvie was quite happy to have recorded the episode. We did have a slight problem though. I let her try and crack an egg and she did but most of the egg came out on the countertop. I had to clean up the mess. Needless to say, that won't make the show.

Non-Trip A Blessing?

Remember when I said I could have gone to Honduras but had to pass up the chance due to the Ragnar Relay? Well, it might have been a good thing. Honduras is undergoing some tough political times right now as there was a coup of some sort and he was exiled to Costa Rica (I wish someone would exile me to Costa Rica...). Anyway, he tried to return but his plane was turned away and not allowed to land but he was determined and eventually went back to the country and is entrenched in some foreign embassy.
Anyway, the airports have been shut down and travel in and out of Honduras is virtually impossible, so much so that the game I was going to go for might be played in another country altogether.

Sometimes traveling is great but other times, such as this, it's not so great. I guess I'll be lucky to be in the Nevada desert on Oct. 9 and not trying to figure out what country I'll be in.

Baby Blue Wildcat

Last year, when I wasn't Yvie's soccer coach, I took many, many pictures of Yvie in her soccer uniform. This year, I've taken exactly one such picture.

Anyway, this is after her second game of the year. It was played at 1 p.m. a week ago, when the temperature was a comfy 92 degrees at the start of the game.



Luckily, our game starts at 8 a.m. this weekend. We can't handle another 90-degree-plus outing.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I've just become a Baby Blue Wildcat fan! Lovin' the look.

Willoughby said...

I'm not a KD Lang fan either, but I like that song. Good thing since it will be stuck in my head for the next hour! Nails :: Dutch was interesting, too.

Can't wait to see what Yvie is cooking this week!

L.B. said...

Oh yeah, forgot the explain Nails : Dutch, if you hadn't figured it out.

Nails was Lenny Dykstra's nickname.
Dutch was Darren Daulton's nickname.

They were both on the Phillies' teams in the early 90s when the Phillies made it to the 93 World Series, which I missed mostly since I was in Mexico. I'm not a Phillies fan at all but I really did like the personality of that team. I was kinda surprised that Dutch popped into my head first.

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

You are very lucky to have missed that trip! And I think Yvie looks great in her uniform, so cute.

Lissaloo said...

I never would have gotten that about the nails I was puzzled :) I have an award for you on my blog :)

Tracie said...

I hopped over from One Step At A Time to say congrats on your award!