Monday, September 7, 2009

Motivational Mondays (Sept. 7)

A friend of mine recently asked about my running. He wanted to know: "What are you running from?"

I told him that I was running from 120 pounds.

The first picture was me circa Thansgiving 2004 (along with my three brothers and my dad). The last one was during my legendary karaoke performance for my 34th birthday (okay, maybe not so legendary).

I'm enjoying life much more these days. As long as I keep running away from my not-so-glory days, I'll keep enjoying life.

4 comments:

Angie Eats Peace said...

Love it!

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

That's a great response! You're motivation amazes me, I think it's great that you've been able to lose weight and become more healthy the right way, instead of trying a diet pill or crazy fad diet.

Unknown said...

I agree. A great response and another very motivational post.

Willoughby said...

That would be a great title for a book about your weight loss journey, if you ever decide to write one (which you should!): "Running Away From 120 Pounds" by Luis Bueno. I expect an autographed copy, by the way!