Friday, September 18, 2009

New Feature, Sort Of

As the week ends, I always seem to have extra thoughts and things that wouldn't really make a good blog post in and of themselves, so sometimes those thoughts just kind of vanish into the nothingness that is the back of my mind. So, I figure from now on I'll just kind of compile them and make a post every Friday of just random thoughts. They may or may not be about running, may or may not be about family... just whatever's kind of left over.

For some reason, Fridays have seemed kind of slow, like a low-traffic day so this is just a kind of light way to end the week and maybe give my readers a reason to check out this trusty blog.

Word Association

These Friday posts will be a good spot to put this Word Association post, which I get from Unconscious Mutterings.

1. Omelette :: Denver
2. Classic :: Rock
3. Thrifty :: Store
4. Search :: Function
5. Fan :: Air
6. Fussy :: Whiny
7. I am not :: cool
8. Indulge :: Eat
9. Poor :: Little
10. Manicure :: Pedicure

* I think I'm sending myself a subliminal message with number 7.

Toe's A No Go

Remember when I said that my torn-up toe was getting better? Well, it's not. I noticed a slight pain during my 9-miler a couple of weeks ago.

A quick background: the second toenail on my right foot went completely black earlier this year and the same toe on the left foot followed suit sometime around April or so. The right foot's toenail is back to normal and the left toe started to recover but after that recent run, it's gotten its black color back.

Now, this isn't a bad thing. I still consider it a badge of honor.

I think what happened was that whatever nerves were damaged down there started to get back some feeling but the toenail itself is damaged so it probably was rubbing up against the inside of my shoe and then quickly damaged the nerves once more.

Maybe that was too much info for you to handle, but I figure if you've put up with my bloody nipples before, then this bit of description is nothing.

Spending Money On CDs

I don't know what is with me and music but I'm just becoming more disenchanted with music. What's out now is just awful to me. I don't know, maybe I'm just closed-minded with music and there are some good songs out there but I just can't get into music right now. Mrs. LB will watch videos on VH1 or whatever and I just don't hear much that I like.

But I went through an iTunes gift card I got recently with no problems. Actually, the only problem really was the fact that I blew it all on music for the girls. I got the Yo Gabba Gabba! CD and a few other assorted songs.

If you're not familiar with Yo Gabba Gabba, it's a bit of a strange show. I did not like it at first but it's grown on me. A lot, obviously if I bought it. Now, I bought it because there were three songs I was going to buy anyway so I just bought the CD. The girls like the show and have enjoyed the CD.

Yo Gabba Gabba is one of those shows that either you like a lot or despise. There's really no in between. But even if you don't like the show, there are some songs on there that are pretty good (Happy Birthday by the Ting Tings, Pool Party by the Aquabats and Lovely, Love My Family by The Roots fit that description).

Anyway, it kind of struck me as odd when I was sitting on iTunes, wondering what songs to buy and the only ones that came to mind were children's songs.

Entertaining Pictures... For The Little Ones

Seems the girls like it when I put their heads on something else.

I showed off my magnificent drawing skills here. Yes, my photoshop skills are awesome too... Okay, neither are that good but the girls don't really know any better right now.

Anyway, here's another one:


Yvie has the body of Rosetta, a fairy (Tinkerbell's friend) whom Yvie is particularly fond of. Kenna, meanwhile, is just wearing an outfit she saw and liked.

3 comments:

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

The pics are so cute! And I know what you're saying about msic, I rarely listen to the radio. Most of the stuff I listen to I find through bands that I already know, or Felix finds them.

Unknown said...

Sorry about the toe. No gross out here as working in the job I do has left me immune.

I like the idea of Friday Leftovers. It gives you a chance to let your hair down and have some fun!

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

Er, I meant "music"...TGIF.