Friday, April 11, 2008

Big run tomorrow

I've made my bed. Now I have to lay in it.

I scheduled the first outside run for Saturday. Bright and early too. 6:30 a.m. I'm going with my brother to the local high school track to run. We're going to run three miles and we're going to shoot for under 30 minutes.

Now, it's not the first time I've ever run a long distance (to me right now, three miles is a long distance). But it's the first time I've attempted such a run having planned for it ahead of time. Yes, I know I sound like I'm whining but this is a big step for me. When I take on activities like this - outdoors, no machines to help me out - it feels like all the time I spent in the gym is practice and then I face the exam. I've prepared well this last week and now it's just a matter of proving it.

I think I'll make it, actually. I am not too concerned about collapsing in Lap 10. But I'm going to have to push myself and wake up in the right frame of mind. Otherwise it will be a struggle.

No comments: