Friday, April 25, 2008

Stay away

After scarfing down a few handfuls of baby carrots, I thought about what other snacks I could have had in their place. Actually my choice was between carrots and an apple and I went with the carrots because the apples I just bought came out pretty crappy. Maybe I'll make some applesauce with them.

Anyway, before I might have had some tortilla chips for a snack or maybe a sweet bread or the like, and possibly a soda. But I've eliminated some things as options and others altogether from my diet.

Here are just a few things I've erased or almost erased from my meal plan: syrup, waffles, sweet bread, cookies, ice cream, yogurt, fudge, regular soda, cake, french fries, hamburger, pizza, jelly, cinnamon rolls...

Okay, well, that's just off the top of my head. I do eat some of those things but none of those I would say I eat regularly. Too much fat, not enough fiber, waaaay too many calories.

No comments: