Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday Morning Rain

Okay, I'm nervous. I'll admit it. I barely slept last night, and that's the sign of nerves.

It's raining right now. It's early right now. And I'm about to get up and get dressed as soon as I hit Publish Post.

I have a scheduled 12-miler today, and while that distance isn't worrying me, the conditions are. I have to run it alone and in the rain.

But I got some great news. I just checked the weather report and it's supposed to rain until about 6:30 a.m. and then subside. Last night when I checked, the rain was supposed to clear up at about 9 a.m. which meant a steady drizzle during my run. Instead, I might only have to put up with the rain for about 30 minutes, or one-fourth of the time. I'll take that.

I had thought about running some outside and then going home and knocking out the final portion on the treadmill but I'll probably just run six miles out and then six miles back. There's a lonely road by my house that doesn't see a lot of traffic and I might run along that.

I made a playlist too last night and included a lot of rain-related songs, songs like Prince's Purple Rain, Metallica's Ride The Lightning, Creedence Clearwater Revival's Have You Ever Seen The Rain? and probably the most appropriate song, Led Zeppelin's Fool in the Rain.

Yeah, I'll be that fool in the rain. But at least I'm a well-conditioned and determined fool.

I won't be able to update my blog for a while after my run but I'll get back to you and let you know how it went. I'm sure I'll have a decent story to tell.

3 comments:

tahoegirl said...

remember that hat! your treadmill post inspired me to get OFF the treadmill and run outside which i did. i only ran 3 miles but it was through the snow/ice and it was 25 degrees. (i kept daydreaming i was running in the sand along the beach) hope your 12 miler was a good one.

Raoulysgirl said...

Stay dry!!! Hope your run is going well!!!

Lisa said...

Hope it went well and that the rain let up for you.