Friday, May 29, 2009

Where did the week go?

It's already Friday and I haven't done hardly any physical activity this week, unless you count some dancing on Wednesday evening.

I guess work got in the way of doing much this week. I had to go out somewhere on Wednesday morning and that completely threw off my whole routine this week. It's funny how one day of deviating from routine can ruin my whole calendar. I used to be a bit more flexible but with the schedule so rigid from having to take the girls to and from school, I have no choice but to conform around that.

School is out for Kennedy though and in a couple of weeks Yvie will be done with school, and I couldn't be happier. I get my mornings back. I know by the time September rolls around I'll want school to start but for now I'm quite excited that there will not be any school for a few months.

I'll be able to plan my workouts better, plan some outings (Disneyland, beach, library) and not live so much by the start and end of the school day.

Anyway, I've got three more days before I'm off to Central America and I have no idea if I'll be able to do any exercise down there. I'm hoping one of the hotels will have something on either Tuesday or Wednesday (I'm staying in separate places on both nights) but am not counting on doing anything but walking on Thursday or Friday. We're going out to a rainforest those days, somewhere near the coast. Should be fun.

So that gives me a week to really prepare for the Mud Run, the week of June 7-12. I'm going to try for some strong runs that week and then it's showtime. Before I realize it, it's going to be June 13 and I'll be standing out in start line with time ticking down until the race starts.

1 comment:

Willoughby said...

The holiday on Monday has thrown me off all week. I have to keep looking at the calendar to see what day it is. Sad, I know! I've been very unproductive this week.

Can't wait to hear about your trip to Central America!