Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bumps and Bruises

Lately I haven't had any setbacks with injury (knock on wood) but I thought I'd update my list of ailments to kind of help me gauge where I am with things and try and prevent injury. I think the one thing I'm most scared of right now is getting injured and having to miss Ragnar and/or Surf City. There's really no reason for this fear other than that it could happen, and while it's not exactly a predominant fear, it exists somewhere in the back of my mind.

* Foot: My feet are fine. I had some pain on the top of my left foot for a few weeks but it's been normal for weeks now. No pain, no nothing. I think the new shoes help. I bought me some new shoes and have worn them for about five runs now, and they seem to do well to cushion my feet.

* Heels: For some reason, my heels have been tender. Not really painful, and I don't feel them when I run, but there is definitely discomfort there mostly when I'm walking around the house. I have been wearing my sandals around the house as walking barefoot can lead to some discomfort. I'm really bummed that I won't be at the Lopers meeting Sunday because the topic is plantar fasciitis.

* Toenails: Sadly, my toenails are almost back to normal. I figured my black toenails were my badges of honor, but the right toenail is completely back to normal. You can't even tell which toenail was jet black not too long ago. The damaged toenail on my left foot is still damaged but it looks like before too long it too will be back to normal. No more black toenails for LB. Sad.

* Nipples: I bought me some Body Glide recently, actually when I bought my shoes. Body Glide helps stop chafing. I've used it a couple of times. On Sunday, I used it when I ran seven miles. There was no immediate pain but my nipples bothered me quite a bit the rest of the day. I don't know what to do to prevent it. I will give this Body Glide a try and then we'll see what happens.

1 comment:

Lissaloo said...

Being a runner seems so have it's own set of issues :)
You talk/blog a lot about having a good pair of tennis shoes, it inspired me to go pick out a pair for my walking. They really do make a difference in how my legs and feet feel during and after, thanks :)