Friday, August 28, 2009

Playlist enhancer: Dick Dale's "Misirlou"

I had forgotten about this song.

Well, it's not that I forgot about it, per se, just forgot I had it. I have three computers at my house (one PC and two laptops) and I pretty much only use my newest laptop. But I forgot that I had this song in my collection on my PC. I scoured around for some more songs and found this, so now it's on my iPod.

Misirlou by Dick Dale and the Del Tones rocks. I really like running to instrumentals sometimes, like the very long Metallica instrumentals, but this one should be great to run to as well, since it's a bit of a lively tune.

The video... well, this version isn't what I have but I just thought this video was pretty cool.

1 comment:

Willoughby said...

Isn't that funny? I've heard this song so many times and never knew who did it or what it was called.

Did you see my "Bertha" post? Perhaps you would like to add that song to your running tunes!