Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Shoes!

I'm getting me some new shoes finally!

On Sunday, a local running store is celebrating Lopers appreciation day and us Lopers get a 15 percent off discount on all items, shoes and apparel, all day. I've got a busy day Sunday as I'll be running five miles with the Lopers, then off to Disneyland for a bit (on your birthday you get in free but if you are a passholder like me you get a gift card in the amount of a ticket), then back to Redlands to get some new shoes and maybe splurge and get some shorts or another shirt or something else. We'll see what else they have.

Anyway, I haven't done as much research on new shoes this time around. I guess I lucked out last time in that I ordered them online and I love my shoes. I loved them from the moment I put them on. This time, I don't think I'd order them online only because I feel like I'm a more informed runner now and have specific needs from shoes, so dealing with a person would be preferable.

What do I need? Well, I want to make sure I have the right amount of space between my toes and the tip of the foot. I have a lot of space there now but I don't know if it's too much or what. I think it's fine but I don't know for sure. I do have my toe issues and that usually happens when there isn't enough room for the toes to move around in.

Also, my foot pain which disappeared might be a concern as the shoes may have caused it. But again, I'm not sure if that's common or not.

Oh yeah, and Sunday is busy too because I'm packing for yet another trip. I'm headed to Mexico City for five days for business. No, Mrs. LB is not joining me this time. It'll just be me heading there alone, although I'll be with other people down there.

I guess I haven't thought about what shoes I'll take. I'm definitely on planning to take my running shoes with me, some shoes, to get a run in the hotel there. I don't know about running outdoors down there, even though we're staying in a nice part of town.

Still, I might just take my old shoes (can't believe they'll be my old shoes) down for one last hurrah. We might go visit the pyramids down there so maybe my old shoes will help me walk around the place where ancients walked. That might be pretty cool.

3 comments:

Angie Eats Peace said...

Ooo...thanks for reminding me about this. Mario really needs new shoes, so we just might have to check it out.

If you go the pyramids, you better take a camera! I have been wanting to see those in the worst way.

Willoughby said...

It sounds like being a Loper has some serious perks!

Personally, I hate new shoes. I bought a pair a few months ago but I just started wearing them recently. They feel stiff in comparison to my old shoes and I hate that.

Unknown said...

I never have much luck in the shoe dept. The last time I bought running shoes I did so at a store geared towards runners. They looked at my feet and my gait and "prescribed" a pair for me. They feel heavy though and I always look forward to taking them off after a run.