Saturday, August 29, 2009

Pain Free

After last Sunday's 7-mile run, I had some lingering nipple pain all day. It was pretty bad. Not constant but whenever my shirt rubbed on them, I got nice jolt of pain.

Since we are taking a family trip to the beach tomorrow, I won't me able to go with my Lopers so I ran the scheduled eight miles today, on my own. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to make the distance but I managed fine. I ran The Hill, ran three miles on the other side and scaled it again, so my total time was 1 hour 22 minutes.

I didn't want to experience any pain so I applied the Body Glide liberally before my run. It hurt a little when I got home though, but I showered and applied some more. Its the afternoon now and I haven't felt any pain.

This constant pain is infuriating, mostly because its a relative small area but causes an annoying, lingering and stinging pain. If one thing will chase me away from running long distances, it is this dreaded nipple pain.

But so far, so good. I'll have to keep the Body Glide handy. Not 100 percent worry free now, but also far more comfortable today than I was a week ago.

2 comments:

Angie Eats Peace said...

Glad the body glide helps. Awesome job doing that mileage on your own!

Willoughby said...

Ouch! I'm glad you found something that helps, though.