Tuesday, August 25, 2009

More Pics, With a Twist

I wanted to share more pictures of our Lake Powell trip but figured I'd do so a bit differently. Since the only ones who know the story behind these pictures were at the lake, I figured it would be good to have a bit of a quiz.

So, I'll put a picture up with a question and will provide three guesses as to what is going on in picture. See if you can figure out what's going on in each picture. If you enjoy it, maybe I'll do more of these posts with just random pictures in some sort of semi-regular feature.

Let's see how this works out.

1) Why is Kennedy holding up the flag?

A) If you have a child under five on board the boat, you must have said child hold up an orange flag to warn other boats.
B) When the boat is carrying a water skier behind, you must have an orange flag visible to warn other boats that a person is in the water.
C) As punishment for pushing her sister into a pile of red ants, Kennedy had to hold the flag in the air for 10 minutes.

2) Why do I have a plastic cup in the water?

A) I was thirsty and wanted a drink.
B) I was trying to catch a fish.
C) Kennedy took a poop and I was trying to scoop out the remnants.

3) What am I doing up there?

A) Looking for my shoes - someone tossed them up here.
B) Trying to find somewhere to ditch the silly hat.
C) Looking for seashells or lizards or anything that Kennedy might like to hold.

4) Why am I standing so high on the rocks?

A) Trying to avoid being harassed into jumping off the rocks and into the deep water below.
B) Chasing after Kennedy - and the chase was successful.
C) See the girl in the bikini? Yeah, me too.

5. After Yvie's unsuccessful attempt at water skiing, how did she react?

A) She cried once she got back into the boat and said she never wants to do that again.
B) She complained that her arms and back hurt and admitted at being scared when the boat pulled away.
C) She said it was fun and she would be up for trying it next time we go to the lake.

6. This is Yvie on the edge of the boat, preparing to jump into the middle of the lake by herself for the first time ever. She ended up in the water, but how?

A) She went through with it and jumped in after slightly hesitating (and allowing Dad to snap the picture).
B) After a minute-long delay, she had her uncle drop her into the lake.
C) Kennedy pushed her into the water.

7. How deep was the water where Yvie jumped in?

A) About 10 feet; that's how we convinced her to get in.
B) Close to 30 feet, but we didn't tell her until she had gotten out of the water.
C) Somewhere north of 160 feet.

I'll be back later to post the answers.

If you get them all right, you rule.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll bite.
1-B
2-B
3-C
4-I want to say C but I think it's B
5-A (I remember my 1st time trying to ski...I think I said the same thing,) followed by B
6-B, although C would have occured in our household.
7-B

How'd I do?

ChristineM said...

OK, I'll give it a whirl!

1-B
2-B
3-C (I think the hat looks good!)
4-A (just so you don't think I'm copying 5thsister!)
5-I went back and forth between A and C, but I'll guess A
6-A
7-B

Nice pics!

L.B. said...

Thanks for taking the quiz! 5th got 3 right and Christine got 5 right. Hopefully we get more takers!

thrasherswife said...

Here's my guess...

1 B
2 B
3 C
4 A
5 C
6 A
7 B

L.B. said...

TW, you got six of seven! Nice.

Amanda said...

1. B
2. B
3. C
4. A
5. B
6. A
7. C
Fun idea and great pics!

Angie Eats Peace said...

Fun!
1-B
2-B
3-C
4-C!
5-B
6-A
7-B