Monday, July 12, 2010

Motivational Mondays (July 12)

In less than two weeks, I'm running my second marathon.

I can't believe what I just typed.

My. Second. Marathon.

I never thought I'd run one... lemme rephrase that... I'd never thought I'd run AT ALL. And here I am, about to tackle a second marathon.

It's all but right in front of me. Two weeks from this very moment I can replay my marathon glory over and over again, and I will have two marathons under my belt and hopefully a nice medal to go along with it.

This will also be my second marathon not just ever but in the last six months. Two marathons in six months! Yikes!

I know there are marathoners out there who run that many in a lot less time than that, but I try not to compare myself to anyone. I have to do what's best for me and what was best for me in 2010 was to give myself some time to build up to this marathon.

What's best for me is running.

Lest I forget where I came from.

LB, Aug. 2005

LB and the girls, Jan. 06

LB and Mrs. LB, Feb. 08
I'm a marathoner. I will have a chance to prove that once more on July 25.

I've said this before and I'll say it again and again - if the guy on top can become a marathoner, anything's possible.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't realize your 2nd marathon was approaching so fast. Having been along a greater part of your journey I just have to say WOW! I am really proud of you, and envious of your your ability to set and achieve your goals. You go run now!

tahoegirl said...

you really inspire me, Luis. you come into my mind frequently during my runs and your story pushes me to finish! totally rockin' the Mud Run t-shirt today by the way :o)

Chicago Mom said...

It is just amazing what we can accomplish when we put our minds to it! Congrats!

Whitney said...

And if that isn't motivation, then I don't know what is!

thrasherswife said...

I say you set your sights for triathlons next!! You are a true inspiration!!

Willoughby said...

Awesome! I thinks it's so cool that you have shared your story/journey with all of us. It's so motivational. Run on, my friend!

Tim Wilson said...

Congrats on your journey! I have a similar start and end..... not sure about the journey since I haven't read enough yet :)