Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday Tidbits

I was going to save some of this stuff for Friday's post but I worry that it would be very, very long with the regular things I do as well as another couple of tidbits so I figured I'd post a pre-Leftovers leftover post.

LA Marathon

I haven't yet completed Marathon No. 2 and I'm already looking towards Marathon No. 3.

The Los Angeles Marathon will be held on March 20, 2011. Registration opens today, but I haven't registered. The thing I'm most excited about having found out this early is the hotel registration. I think it would be nice one day to stay at the host hotel of a marathon I'm racing in. Just for the experience, you know? It would also be nice to walk out of the hotel, go to the start line, cross the finish line and walk right back to my room. I had to walk like a mile or so to get to my hotel at Surf City and my San Fran place isn't too close either.

So I might just go ahead and jump on that when the hotel info is released. Of course, some of the runners who did LA this year might beat me to the punch but that's a risk I'll have to take.

There is one slight drawback to the LA Marathon. It costs $145. Unreal.

Awesomeness

I was recently given an award by fellow blogging runner Navy Wife. She had some very nice things to say about yours truly and I'm always honored to know when anyone reads this blog and gets something from it. I hope to inform, entertain, inspire, motivate or just plain have fun with all my readers, so it's nice to get some bloggy love :)

Go check out her blog. She's a new runner, just ran her first race recently. She's one of many Seattle-area running bloggers.

Publishing Issues?

Has any other blogger had any issues setting posts to publish automatically?

If you are around very late at night, you might see a Thursday post go up Wednesday night. It says Thursday and everything but sometimes it's not quite Thursday, or whatever day it says it is. Well, I was setting posts to publish automatically but they weren't publishing at all. It was very frustrating. I'd write something up, set it to hit the blog after midnight and then nothing. I'd wake up in the morning and instead of saying "scheduled" it just said "draft."

GRRRR

If I'm up and around, it's not that big of a deal I suppose to publish something at, say 11:30 p.m. and change it so it will show Thursday. I just dont like for someone to come on my blog at like 11 a.m. on Wednesday and the first post they see says Tuesday. That's probably the writer in me who wants to keep the site updated.

But if I'm not around - like next week I'm going to be gone for a couple of days - then it's not going to happen. If the blog won't update automatically, then this blog won't get updated. And that sucks!

Just wondering if there are any issues with that, if anyone else has experienced that.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I've had my blog for a year and a half and I JUST recently figured out how to change the time....so I have no advice for you on the ater posting. I notice when I post at like midnight, though, it gets lost in the masses.

I've never done LA marathon...is it one I should consider? I stated at the host hotel when I've done the ING in Atlanta and I literally walk out the door and 10' to the start line. It is HEAVEN! And in Boston, I stayed in Ryan Hall's hotel, which there is no "Host" hotel there but if I'm at Ryan's hotel then it IS the host hotel. Anyway he walked right by me marathon morning, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I just stood there like a dork, totally in awe, and couldn't say a word. He was probably wishing I'd help pace him a little for his warm up. ;)

Jill said...

Opps..."ater" = "later". Damn l key sticks! And I'm totally exhausted and typing like it. "Stated" = "stayed" ugh.

Jill said...

Opps..."ater" = "later". Damn l key sticks! And I'm totally exhausted and typing like it. "Stated" = "stayed" ugh.

Unknown said...

I haven't had an issue with scheduling my blogs in the past but haven't "scheduled" any recently. Maybe it's a new bug in the system?