Tuesday, December 23, 2008

LB's Running Playlist 1

I labeled this my Running Playlist 1 because at some point there will be a Running Playlist 2.

I must say I'm proud that I finally sat down and made a playlist. I actually have three others but I sorta just threw those together.

While making this one, though, I remembered why I don't do this more often. I tend to over-think things sometimes and this is one of them. I tried to find the perfect complement to each song, was careful to not mix genres, tried to avoid certain groups and stick to certain others but in the end I just grew frustrated with the amount of time I was dedicating to it.

So here it is, my first playlist dedicated to running long distances:

Stop! by Jane's Addiction
Mayonaise by Smashing Pumpkins
Rebels of the Sacred Heart by Flogging Molly
Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes
For Reasons Unknown by The Killers
Know Your Enemy by Rage Against The Machine
Paint It Black by The Rolling Stones
Thoughtless by Korn
Salty Dog by Flogging Molly
The Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson
Rocket by Smashing Pumpkins
Battery by Metallica
All These Things That I've Done by The Killers
Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Iz

Quick, pick the song that doesn't fit. Yes, it's the last one. It's actually a really slow and mellow song and I figured that I'd need a song like that to listen to while cooling down. Not sure how that's going to work out though. I'll let you know how this playlist works when I run to it, which hopefully will be within a day or two.

No comments: