I asked for it, I got it...
I was tagged by Lisa of One Step at a Time and now need to tell you what my five favorite things about New Year's Eve are. It's funny because I've never been much of a New Year's Eve party person, even before my social life died a quick and painful death around the time my first girl was born.
But I've got five things that I like to do on Dec. 31 nonetheless.
5. Follow the rest of the world. It's strange sometimes how our world works. We'll be still in 2008 when Sydney and Tokyo are already a year ahead of us. It's fun to see celebrations in Moscow, Berlin, London, wherever really, during the day and then have people across America celebrate the start of 2009 while we anxiously await our own celebration here in California.
4. Try and watch a movie. Key word is "try" since my wife has problems staying up past 9. Her commute takes a lot out of her... at least that's what she claims.
3. Try and stay up until midnight. Okay, this one is hard for me too. Usually though I like to stay up until the witching hour to personally welcome in the New Year.
2. Reminisce about the year gone by. Lately, they've been very good and motivating sessions as I've been able to take pride in my weight loss and lifestyle change.
1. Spend it with my family. Christmas and Thanksgiving are nice because we spend it with our respective sides of the family - parents, siblings, etc. But New Year's Eve is nice because usually it's just us, the three Buenos and the non-Bueno.
Okay, the second part of the tag is I have to tag someone... well five someones but I'll just tag one person since I'm kinda new to this. I'll tag Thrasher's Wife of Forty-Something and Counting since she may not have a topic today and perhaps I'll save her the trouble of figuring one out.