Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fruits and veggies aplenty

I've been doing well in my Fruit & Veggie Challenge. Thus far, I've reached my five servings a day every single day. I blogged about Friday through Sunday so here's what I've got for Monday and Tuesday.

Monday: Apple for AM snack, banana with lunch, apple and 1 cup carrots for pm snack.

Tuesday: Apple for AM snack, 1/2 cup spinach and orange with lunch, Asian Chicken and Cabbage Salad for dinner (cabbage, carrots, etc.); carrots and pineapple for PM snack.

So far, so good. The dinner unfortunately wasn't exactly filling so later I snacked on... a carrot. I had skipped my PM snack originally - I didn't eat between lunch and dinner - so I felt I had a few calories to spare for a carrot and some pineapple... though the pineapple I ate while cutting it up... wasn't really a planned snack but oh well.

Anyway, there you go. I hope to meet the five-a-day for both Wednesday and Thursday before filing my log for the week on Thursday night. I went to the store and stocked up on apples, bananas, oranges, got me a pineapple as well as the carrots and the mashed sweet potatoes we still have here so things are looking good.

1 comment:

Daniel T said...

Nice! I am mostly eating bananas and apples these days for fruit and carrots, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes (technically a fruit) and green beans for veggies. I am not hitting 5 every day though, but getting close. Eating enough fruits and veggies really helps one keep his or her caloric intake under control. I think most understand this fact, but when you DO it you truly see the "fruits" in your health, no pun intended.