Friday, January 30, 2009

No run

I had wanted to test out my brand-spankin' new Garmin on Thursday. I had a two-mile run slated for the day and wanted to run outdoors. But the day dragged on and before I knew it I'd missed my chance to run in the morning.

I had thought about running before my game but ended up not having enough time to do so. I probably didn't run two miles but I was particularly active during the game, running around the field and everything, so I felt good about my physical activity for the day. Had I been scheduled to run more than three miles, I probably wouldn't have but two miles is relatively light, considering the other amounts I'll have to put in later during this training portion of my half-marathon.

After the match, I sat in horrible traffic en route to my other assignment; I picked up some referee assignments at a local university as I'm officiating some intramural co-ed games; basically a league for grad students studying to be doctors and dentists and pursuing other such careers.

All told I officiated over four games on Thursday with no true run. While I feel good about having put in some work, I feel like I wasted a chance to test out my new toy. Oh well. Perhaps Saturday I will try it out. After all, I've got a two-mile run scheduled for Saturday. And if that weren't enough, I've got a six-miler scheduled for Sunday, so my using the Garmin is a question of when, not if.

No comments: