Monday, January 12, 2009

More motivation

I'm also motivated today for several other reasons... five reasons actually. A week ago, I signed up for the Everyday Food Radio Fruit and Veggie Challenge, where you try and hit five servings of fruits and vegetables each day. So far, so good.

Here's what I have through Sunday:

Friday: Banana for breakfast, apple for snack, baby spinach and sweet potatoes for lunch and apple for pm snack

Saturday: Apple and banana for am snack, Salad for lunch - salad included more than two cups' worth of greens, including lettuce, carrots and

Sunday: Apple and 1 cup of baby carrots for am snack, orange for lunch, one cup of mixed greens at dinner.

Now, I had been doing well in eating fruits/veggies but wasn't necessarily consistent. I didn't keep track of my respective fruits/veggies so I figured this would be a good way to motivate myself. I can't completely say that after three days I'm well on my way for success but I can say that it is very motivating and I've been planning out my fruits/veggies thus far. Today, for instance I think I can knock out an apple and an entire cup of carrots for snack, which means that would be three servings in one sitting. I picked up some cabbage and sesame oil to make a recipe that seemed enticing and probably will have that ready for Tuesday. Plus I still have some broccoli that I'd wanted to make soup out of.

So if you haven't yet signed up, follow the link above or e-mail the show at everydayfoodradio [at] yahoo [dot] com. Oh, forgot to mention... I got a mention at the end of Friday's show! I recorded it and if the wonders of technology allow I might have a brief audio link for you to follow.

No comments: