Sunday, January 11, 2009

Savory Sundays: Zucchini Bread

Welcome! The first installment of Savory Sundays. Now, this week I will bring you several different recipes, things that I made during the last six days. I'll be rolling out more than one thing today so be prepared for a few more posts with pics.

First up is Zucchini Bread, a recipe I've fallen for. I've made this multiple times both as loaves and muffins, and they are always quite tasty. This week I made two loaves, mostly because I had some zucchini that needed to be used up.

To start, I grated up three cups worth of zucchini. The recipe calls for two but one of the reviews suggested three and I tried that and it worked out great so I'm sticking to it. Originally there were four pieces of zucchini but two gave themselves up for the cause.


After mixing the flour, sugars, oil and all that good stuff you get:


I think it's the tablespoon of ground cinnamon that gives it such a great taste. Then, you need to make room for the zucchini:


Before I got into baking, I probably would have thought that this would have been strange at best. Now, it's appetizing. Pour into pans like so:


I gave one loaf away and the other one was nearly gone before I realized I hadn't taken a picture of the finished product.


Oh, that makes me hungry for zucchini bread all over again.

1 comment:

Raoulysgirl said...

I love zucchini bread! I may have to make some now!