Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Heavy on the coffee

For various reasons I haven't been able to run in about six days. It's pretty upsetting actually. Part of me feels like I'm letting myself down.

However, I was battling a cold on a couple of days and Monday and today have been hectic with work. This time of year is always busy for me, probably the busiest. I do hope to get a run later today at the gym. I might have time for that, and my body is recovered.

I've discovered something about myself, though. I either need coffee or a run to get me going. I've had neither for the last several days and I am not functioning well. I have the onset of a headache right now and I'm about leave to go get my daughters from their respective schools and I must stop off for coffee. I must. I stopped by the grocery store earlier but couldn't justify paying four bucks more for less coffee than I'd get at Costco, so forget that. I figure I can run the next few days and then might get out to Costco at some point.

Since running and coffee are the only things that physically keep me going apparently, I suppose then I should change the name of my blog from Muddy Runner to Muddy Caffeinated Runner.

2 comments:

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Right there with ya.

I also end up having way too much energy at the end of the day to go to bed at a decent hour, so I limp through the morning, well into the afternoon, when I finally get it together to go for a run, keeping the vicious vampire-like existence in effect.
I WISH I was the sort who could run at 6 am, but I'm not. For one thing, I'd have to drink coffee first, and we all know what that does to a good jog.
I hope you can get back to it soon.
I'm trying to get over my 50 mile mark, which usually means I start handling everything in life a lot better.
It's a beautiful day here, so I should just hit the road, but my jogging buddy doesn't get off work for another couple of hours...

(thanks for letting me vent all that)

L.B. said...

Mi blog es su blog, vent away.

I had my coffee fix, so I'm good. For now.

In terms of running, my window seems so small. My wife leaves for work at 5:30 and I am not going on a run before 5. I could go after taking my girl to school at 8 but only on Mondays and Fridays, and that doesn't always work out. I volunteer on Wednesdays at my daughter's school so that's usually out, which leaves Tuesday and Thursday. If I get to working on either day, such as today, it makes it doubly hard. I had intended on going to the gym in the afternoon but I am totally not feeling it right now.

But at least I had some coffee.