Thursday, March 5, 2009

To take my mind off things

No run today but I have a 5-miler for Friday and supposed to have a longer run on Saturday. However, I have to be somewhere Saturday morning so I'm moving my long run to Sunday.

How long? 13 miles. Yikes. That's practically the full distance for the half marathon itself.

Well, I'm going to try and not think about my long run, the, ahem, "longest run of my life" too much beforehand so I don't psyche myself out. One of the things I will try to do to not think about is humor. I like a good laugh, and this gave me a good laugh. I'd never seen this commercial until one of those "Funniest Commercial" shows my wife was watching once. This came on and I couldn't stop laughing.

Who knows? Maybe the laughs the commercial provides will come in handy during the run itself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Luis...I was going to write something like "typical male sense of humor" or some such thing but I found myself giggling a wee too much!