Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hittin' it hard

I've got one month to go. Exactly one month.

On April 19, I will run my first half marathon. I haven't done well to keep up with my training, and while I'll have to re-assess what exactly happened to my training plan, I will get back at it today.

I'll have time for an interval run today, plus a longer distance run on Friday followed by a longer run on Saturday. I'll be aiming for 10 miles, so in three days I'll hopefully have run about 18 miles.

I need a jump start as health issues, work and family responsibilities have taken precedence over running. But I will have time, and I'm going to take advantage of it.

I'll be back later, after my run, to report back on how it went. I don't anticipate any problems; in fact, the only problem I may encounter is what to listen to.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have faith in you, Luis. You will do far better than you think you will. BTW, come over to my blog to accept your award!

Crystal said...

U Can Do it! Listening music..may I suggest some Rob Zombie or Fall out boy? All American Rejects or a song or two of Brittany Spears? hehehe "Im like a fire cracker...I make it hot".........just some suggestions!

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Good for you!
It can get frustrating, keeping up with the training. I find it sort of difficult getting others to understand why I need to get a run in, even if that means all of the other plans get postponed or canceled, so I usually end up not running, telling myself I'll make up for it...Not sure my body is up for that just yet.
There's some sort of parable in that. Running always has been for me.
*I've been listening to music from my childhood. The Who and Supertramp, if you can believe it. Very weird. Makes me feel like Steve PreFontaine, though.

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

Usted lo puede hacer, I am so excited for you!