Monday, March 2, 2009

Motivational Mondays (March 2)

Today, for my motivation I'm doing something a bit different. Instead of trying to amp myself and you all up for a good start to the week in terms of nutrition and/or exercise, I'm going to share some of my motivation for being here in the first place.

I was so graciously honored by several of my blog buddies for this and I must now return the favor and nominate some of my favorite blogs. Now, part of me does not like to single out blogs and such, but I must follow the rules. Sort of. I was supposed to nominate 10 blogs but instead narrowed it down to nine. If you don't see your name on the list, you were probably going to be number 10... seriously...

40-Something and Counting

Marvelously Mundane

One Healthy Mama

Pam-Fried Friendly Life

Tattoos and Teething Rings

The 5th Sister

The Thin Line Between Genius and Insanity

This Stop Willoughby

Who Has The Thyme?

Now, we're all friends here so I trust you will enjoy all of the blogs I link to over to your right.

Anyway, I had this blog up and running for about five months or so and had a steady readership of one. I am used to writing (it's what I do for a living) so writing wasn't something too difficult or time consuming for me. But with such a scant audience, it really was hard sometimes to sit down and dedicate time to this blog.

Now I'm here every day, sometimes twice a day, blogging about what I think is interesting, informative, funny, motivating or just plain entertaining from my own life simply because I have an audience. Whether or not it really makes an impact I won't ever really know but I do hope my words reach people in whatever way is best.

Also, I'd like to share this with you. I'm pretty sure all the blogs I linked to above are run by women, and most of them are mothers. I ran across this song the other day on Sirius 116, which is a music channel that only plays kids music. It's a godsend, it really is. Otherwise I'd have to listen to the same tired CDs my daughters love over and over and over and over and over and over... well, you get the point. I can't subject them to Metallica every day, now can I? So I relent sometimes, okay a lot of the times, and put it on channel 116 when I'm driving my girls around to and from school, to the store, to gymnastics, to their grandma's, to Disneyland... wherever we may roam. And I enjoy what I hear, mostly anyway.

Getting back to this clip, some of you may have seen it or heard it but still thought it would be something everyone could enjoy.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I get a chuckle every time I view this oh so true peek into motherhood!

naina said...

Hi,
Clicked on your post while searching something on net.

I like reading your article and at first I was marveled to see such a blog. You have a gift of writing, keep up the good work. I'll be back soon to read more.

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

I love reading your blog, I'm glad you stuck with it.

Deborah L. Sykes said...

You do a great job with your blog LB! I wish I could have mine formatted so beautifully too....you are very, very talented!

Raoulysgirl said...

Thanks for the nod! I love reading your blog. I am a true "blog addict" now...I start each day reading my daily updates! I can always count on you to have something witty posted (no pressure or anything!). Oh...and I LOVE that song!!! It makes me smile!